Tuesday, June 10, 2014

BZZ Review - Wonka Peel-a-Pop

This review is my son's opinion as well as mine and we did not get paid for this review, however we did get the free product to try. 

I chose the banana flavored Wonka Peel-a-Pops because I knew my kids loved frozen bananas.  I was imagining the frozen bananas from Disneyland in my head, but that is not what these pops were like.  I was anxious to eat mine right away, and I thought they were pretty good...together. I like weird, gummy, tart like candy and that is what it tasted like to me...with a banana aftertaste. Although, the ice cream in the middle is creamy, it was the outside "peel" that was a bit different.  I ate them separately to figure out what it tasted like and I wasn't too impressed.  So the only way I would be able to eat these in the future, would be to eat them together. 

I didn't have to twist my son's arm to try these pops.  He pretty much is at the i-am-hungry-every-five-minute stage because of football prep.  At first, he was a bit hesitant because he read the box and noticed that there was NO banana in there! After I calmed him down, he obliged and took the first bite. As a teen, he thought it was pretty "shady" of Mr. Wonka to deceive him by not putting in a actual banana in the center, and alas...the results. 

He gave it a 7 out of 10. He said he would rather try another flavor than this one and  just maybe it will change his mind. 

You may want to give it a try....those oompa loompa's have put in a lot of work with this one! :)

faith and love, 

Amber




No comments:

Post a Comment